Monday, July 30, 2012

Formula Held Hostage

Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new moms will breast-feed

   Let me start off by saying that I am not a strong stubborn "bottles are best" mother. I breastfed my son for the first month of his life. I understand where this man is getting that breastfeeding is best, because we all know it is. But some moms just don't want to do it, and that's 100% fine. But where this man thinks he can get off holding formula hostage is beyond me. He sounds like he would be that person that gets rid of all C-sections because they aren't natural. He'd have Mother's push for hours just because it's "the right thing to do."

   "With each bottle a mother requests and receives, she’ll also get a talking-to. Staffers will explain why she should offer the breast instead.
   What? I'm sorry but I do believe that every person that gives birth has the common sense to know that breastfeeding is an option. They said they're getting rid of all formula logo branded baby related things. Fine, that doesn't directly affect a Mother's choices as a Mother. But everything else in this article is just plain bull.
There's bigger problems in this world and New York then if the mom in room 224 has a baby's face on her boob. Get a grip here people.

“It’s the patient’s choice,” said Allison Walsh, of Beth Israel Medical Center. “But it’s our job to educate them on the best option.”

    I believe Allison just made my point quite clear. It is our choice not yours. I don't remember seeing you lay here for hours pushing a 7lb baby out of your women parts! I didn't see you laying on this operating table being cut open while awake! So this Mayor and all those women from "Under Latch" that breastfed their kids till they were 4 years old can put a sock in it. Don't they know that they sell formula at the store right down the road? I'd make my husband go buy me a can of newborn Enfamil and rub in in their face.


No comments:

Post a Comment