Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Milk Gone Sour

Should Milk Be Banned From School Lunches? 

When first reading the title of this article I couldn't help but not scroll past it on Facebook. I thought that maybe the FDA had found that it causes early cancer or that cows were becoming sick so milk was to be gone for awhile. But I was clearly wrong.


   Awhile back schools got rid of soda from. I can understandably see why, because to my motherly knowledge, soda has no REAL nutrition benefits. When I think of soda I picture sugar being mixed with water and a little flavoring. But when I picture milk, I see happy cows gazing in a field and I see tall glasses of wholesome goodness sitting next to everyone's plate at dinner.


  So I am completely stumped as to how physicians are telling the Moms and Dads of America that milk is bad for their kids. It has sugar in it, so what? If you take away soda and milk all that is left is juice. Juice, which has more sugar in it then milk! If I remember correctly your body needs sugar. But hey what do I know I don't have a Ph.D in anything.


   When I was growing up I was always told that milk would make you "Big and Strong." I guess some physicians think that means obesity.  Next thing you know they'll be telling us that eating whole wheat bread makes you lose brain cells.


   But don't worry United States school system, I'll be sure to tell my son when he wakes up that when he goes to school in a few years all kids will be anorexic because that's the healthy way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment